Friday, March 27, 2009

BUSY BEES

As I gazed at our pastoral vista from the kitchen nook this morning I was daydreaming about the annual arrival of honey bees. A few hours later as we were enjoying our lunch I could hardly believe my eyes. The air outside was swarming with thousands of bees finding their way to our huge maple tree which is just bursting with tiny blossoms. With camera in hand I bravely navigated around the base of the  tree, awed at this amazing phenomena, delighted to be witnessing it, and feeling 'buzzed' by the incredible humming chorus. It did feel a little creepy to be zooming in with my macro lens, literally a couple inches from these jittery little insects, some of them brushing against my face and hands.    



One of those incredible moments in God's magnificent creation that just made my heart glad.

No comments: