Sunday, December 6, 2009

ADVENT - WEEK 2

This second week of the Advent season began for me early this morning before dawn, an amazing hour of peacefulness in my cozy place. In the ambiance of hundreds of mini white lights, a steaming mug of lemon tea, and a delicious ginger biscotti, I rested in the message of "Emmanuel, God with us."

Isaiah 26:3 says," You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you." My desire is to have the same response to God's promises that Mary had to God's message of his miraculous incarnation. "Let it be as you say." Luke 1:38



Images of Peace




During Advent we dwell in that space between the promise and fulfillment - the promise of God's coming to reign, when all creation will live in peace as God intended. As we wait for this stupendous event we can experience "God with Us" through the gift of the Holy spirit.

"The counselor, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in my name,
will teach you all things and will remind you
of everything I have said to you.
Peace I leave with you.
My peace I give you."
John 11: 25 - 26

No comments: