Monday, March 1, 2010

BRING ON SPRING

"Springtime is the land awakening.
The March winds are the morning yawn."
Lewis Gizzard

As I was sipping my morning coffee, the sun swung around the neighbour's barn illuminating a million airy blossoms on the Silver Queen Maple. A moment of awe made my heart glad as I realized that spring is coming. It didn't take me long to run down to the garden bed to look for signs of tulips and there they were, stubby 2 inch bunches of green. Green - a colour that's been missing in our landscape. I have to admit I've been a little envious of the fresh spring beauty highlighted in Vancouver during the 2010 Olympics. Just a week ago I left the sparkling, magic of winter in the prairies and now I am ready to embrace spring with all it's regeneration whispering forth the handiwork of God.


A splash of spring brightens my kitchen

Just like my little grand daughter in the prairies was delighted to toddle around the house in the silver slippers she will grow into, I am ready to walk into spring with lighthearted steps of joy.



2 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh Spring ... I won't be seeing you for a long time yet. *sigh* It's still frosty and white out my window this morning. Be sure to post lots of spring photos so I can enjoy Spring vicariously through your windows!

Bonnie Heather said...

Love your blog. Always cheers me up.