Friday, March 12, 2010

ENJOY THE MOMENT



"A person should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of their life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Better than just hearing a little music was to spend the afternoon with a friend and to make music on her wonderful keyboards. We opened a Hymn book at the first page and the melodies flowed from there for two hours after which we both agreed it had been a 'God Spot.'


POEMA


“ We are God’s workmanship ( poema) created in Christ Jesus

to do good works,

which God prepared in advance for us to do .”

Ephesians 2:10



An expression of The Word


Each season of my life a stanza


Determined and authored before time began


Bones and flesh wonderfully knit together


Purposefully, perfectly planned


A unique workmanship, in the Poet’s image


My life - a poem



A work of literary art partaking in speech and song


Lines penned not in ink but carved into my very being


Spirit upon spirit


Infused with new songs within my mouth


And in return covered with the sound of His joyful singing


My Life - a poem



Literary device used in creative profusion


As day after day flow in rhythmical meter


Similes to clarify my understanding -


Like a tree planted by streams of water,


which yields it’s fruit in season


As a deer pants for water, my soul pants for the Poet


And when I’m weary I can soar on wings like an eagle


My life - a poem



Metaphors shaping line after line -


Salt, a light, a sheep, a jar of clay,


A grafted branch producing fruit, sharing


Love, patience, kindness, joy


A letter written for the world to see


This work of the Poet’s redemption


Fully forgiven, faithful and free


My life - a poem



Crafted with passion, mercy and grace


Awaiting the day I see the author’s face


Free verse dancing, declaring His glory and praise


This workmanship archived for eternity


In the Poet’s Book of Life


My life - a poem


Trudy Peters

2010



You've read a little poetry and if you want to view a fine picture check out these three artists on the side bar of my blog; Catherine, Bonnie Heather, and Marlene.

What a delightful way to make my heart glad!

1 comment:

Bonnie Heather said...

Thank you Trudy! That was so kind. Looks like you had a wonderful time of worship and I love your poem.