Wednesday, June 30, 2010

THE ROSE ARBOR

From my kitchen window I look down on a cloud of palest pink New Dawn roses. The prolific display of blooms is extraordinary and I can't get enough of this view.


Last summer I took you on a walk through most of my garden but left this little nook to feature this year. The arbor sits across from the 56 foot perennial bed which makes it the perfect spot to rest when I'm weeding.




This spray of roses is beckoning me to rest a while and enjoy the beauty of the perennial flower bed.


The petals are falling like snowflakes and I know that too soon the blooming season will be over. Gardens are that way, the ebb and flow of different flowers. How true it is that one needs to take time to 'smell the roses.' It's good to be assured of something that is the same yesterday, today and forever. . .

"The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the Word of our God will stand forever."
Isaiah 40:8

The arbor provides a peaceful, shady setting to share refreshments on a warm summer evening.

At the end of the day there is nothing more serene than to sit back in the Adirondek chair with a good book, a cup of tea, the music of the crickets, and the light of the moon to make my heart glad.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Look at all those roses!! Beautiful! I love sitting under the arbor when I'm home to visit ... a perfect place to rest! Your summer meal looks delicious, too!

Bonnie Heather said...

Wonderful!