Tuesday, October 26, 2010

AUTUMN BALLET

There are God moments that one cannot capture in a photo, and since my camera is still on leave, I chose to sit and absorb a glorious moment this morning as the sun shone down on the rose arbor creating a mesmerizing scene that seemed to me to be choreographed with the wonderful classical music in my living room.


AUTUMN BALLET

ACT II



A shaft of sunlight sweeps like a spotlight


ILLUMINATING


Rain drops dancing on the arbor like jewelled ballet slippers


SPARKLING


Whispers of the unseen wind ripple through the garden


APPLAUDING


Brilliant maple leaves flutter down like the curtain call


EXHILARATING


FINALE


Trudy Peters



The glittering moment brought tears of joy to my eyes and caught up my thoughts to a time and place when we won't need the sun to shine as we know it, and we may not have falling leaves, but rather the Son of God will be light to all in His new heaven and new earth, where I together with His church will dance and praise him forever.


A recent moment of simple, pure joy.


1 comment:

Bonnie Heather said...

Love the poem Trudy. I can almost picture the beautiful scene.