Sunday, May 8, 2011

MOTHERS DAY

Today will be a bittersweet day to many - a day of memories and memory making that will bring both joy and sadness, blessings and regrets, fulfilled dreams or unmet expectations. For one family in our valley today is a day to celebrate the miracle of finding their mother alive after seven weeks of survival in a remote location. My prayers are with a friends children who long to be parents but have once again been dealt with disappointment. Other friends are 'over the moon' with joy as they will travel to China this month to receive a daughter who was rejected by her own mother. And the stories can go on and on.

Today I remember with joy the blessings of having had a godly mother. Today she is part of the 'cloud of witnesses' watching the next generations of her family in their journey as godly mothers.

Today my heart is full of joy as I take a trip through memory lane, events and experiences which shaped me as a mother. I'm thankful that as the years go by that the difficult moments fade in my memory bank leaving me with incredibly sweet thoughts of my children.
"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever."
  ~Author Unknown

Today I want to give tribute to four amazing godly women whom I love so much and pray for daily in their journeys of being mothers to my eight beautiful grandchildren, and the ninth being fashioned and knit together by our heavenly Father, the creator of mothers. 















"The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you. The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).
 Numbers 6: 24 - 26  Amplified Bible


3 comments:

Shelley said...

Thank you, Marmee! Happy Mother's Day!!

Melody Peters said...

thanks you...you are a great mother-in-law...an answer to my prayers and a great prayer support to all of us in our family....thanks

Bonnie Heather said...

Beautiful tribute Trudy.