Monday, August 8, 2011

TOUCHING PRISTINE NATURE

There are times and places that we should only hold in our memory. While kayaking on the beautiful turquoise waters of Kalamalka Lake I wished I had my camera to capture the untouched beauty while the waves and my paddle took me into a floating garden of water lilies. Resting amongst a huge patch of lilies I could not resist picking a few blooms to create a lovely bouquet, but, as the nature of most wildflowers they prefer their natural habitat and so quickly hung their heads and wilted in my creative little kitchen water garden.





There isn't anything much more peaceful than floating effortlessly in a kayak just inches to the water level. The grandeur of God's creation never ceases to amaze me and I find myself in nature's stillness just basking in His glory.

"The Lord is my shepherd ... he leads me beside quiet waters .... he restores my soul." from Psalm 1

No comments: