Monday, September 21, 2015

YELLOWSTONE CHAPTER THREE

GRAND CANYON OF THE YELLOWSTONE

A most breathtaking, spectacular sight is to view sections of the 32 Km canyon from the sheer edge of it's rocky rim or at the brink of a waterfall. Dramatic colours and shapes define this natural treasure.

Nathaniel P Langford, 1870, one of the first explorers to record his impressions of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River said: " ... As I took in the scene, I realized my own littleness, my helplessness, my dread exposure to destruction, my inability to cope with or even comprehend the mighty architecture of nature ..." 





ARTIST POINT
The Yellowstone river thunders more than 93 meters over Lower Falls







At the brink of the falls
















INSPIRATION POINT

UPPER FALLS
33 meters


TOWER FALL 
north of the Yellowstone Canyon


"Every feature glowed with intention 
reflecting the plans of God."
John Muir




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots, Trudy! Good subjects for a painter.
Alfonse