Wednesday, February 20, 2019

DAWN AT THE SEASHORE

Hand in hand, my love and I walked into the darkness, a flashlight guiding our steps down stairs, along pathways to the edge of the seashore with its rhythmic sound of waves. Our eyes strained into the eastern sky for an hour of transformative illumination.
The ocean had called us - we were ready.














DAWN’S CATHEDRAL MOMENTS

  In awe I watch
dawn silently nudging back darkness
which willingly gives up 
twinkling stars to a vast beyond

an inner hush, a cathedral moment
a holy experience at the seashore

senses stir to the endless waves rolling,
 cresting, breaking,
 sliding softly
 in delicious ripples under my feet

dawn unfurls in luminous shades of the rainbow
into the expansive sky
resting comfortably on wispy clouds,
falling and 
riding the waves 
settling on the glistening sand

How can I not believe
God cares for me in this amazing hour
of creations reenactment,
 time standing still
for me

saturated with beauty beyond words 
I turn to walk into this new day 
when in a blink of my eye

dawn explodes into brilliance

 sun’s dazzling rays ring like a bell
 of light and warmth and 
life giving 
Cathedral moments


Trudy Peters
2019

















































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poetically and pictorially wow!
Catherine