Thursday, April 2, 2020

MUSINGS IN THIS TIME OF COVID 19


Some musings as we enter a new month ... living in an uncharted time with our whole world holding it's breath as a microscopic virus continues to invade and spread into the corners of the world's population. So here I am viewing the situation and finding joy as we wait ... in our self isolation, in uncertainty, in anxiety and sometimes fear, but also with compassion and with hope.



I look up...
 into a blue sky where fluffy clouds gracefully float over our Earth like a comforting blanket covering a world in loneliness, sickness, sorrow, weariness and apprehension, and I send up prayers for all the front line health care workers, scientists and those in government making hard decisions to keep the people of our great country safe.



I look up to the mountains ...
 and say. 'Where does my help come from?' and I know with certainty that my help comes from almighty God the maker of heaven and earth who sees all that is happening and who calls to all creation to come to Him to find peace.




I look into the trees...
and see new life springing out of winter's dormancy 
and I sense hope for the unforeseeable future.




I look ...
at our last family photo as we gathered around a Christmas feast and I feel so much love. They are in my prayers throughout each day as they navigate this crazy scenario of self distancing, working on the front lines, navigating education plans, doing work from home and learning to be kind and patient with each other.




I look...
daily into God's word and my journal of encouragement and I hear my Saviour whisper, 'Peace, I am with you, Do not be afraid, I am your refuge and strength.'




I look.. 
through a glass of water, an obscure or imperfect vision of reality, and yet I live in the safety of my own home with the most loving husband as we journey through the unknown together.


I look...
through windows where I can't see you clearly but my heart sends out love and prayers for your safety and courage for each new day.








3 comments:

Shelley said...

I love these musings. Thankful for your reflections and encouragements!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful perspective of our present circumstances.
Catherine

Vi said...

Thanks for sharing your musings, Trudy. Beautiful pictures accompanied with words that are so true. Take care.