Friday, October 2, 2020

SEPTEMBER IN MY BACKYARD

 

"Some of the rarest days of the year come in September, 

days when it is comfortably cool but pulsing with life."  

 Hal Borland

 

September slipped by quietly as we continued our Covid regulations by staying home as much as possible. We had beautiful sunny days but also days with dense smoke from wildfires in Oregon. Daylight  grew shorter and cool evenings had us tucking inside earlier in the evenings.
Since I was in recovery mode from a bowel inflammation I spent hours and hours reading and watching Net-flick series. As the days crawled by I took time to notice my backyard that was still so alive with  summer surging with beauty which was confidently stepped into the autumn season. Blossoms took on new hues and our Little Maples Library added a bright splash of colour; blue for the sky and green for the foliage around it.

All the ordinary, everyday views of my backyard took on extraordinary values as I peered deep into the life of these specimens of flora and fauna. My heart was glad!


Morden Blush Rose


Rainbow Sherbet Rose


The marriage of Parsley and Chives



African Daisy / Geranium blossom / Dragon Fly on Hawthorn berries / Stella da Ora Lily


Snails foraging on Basil leaves.


Bobo Hydrangea transformation


Wally built The Maples Little Library.


My new NORMAL - can you see that I am smiling?









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, your eyes are smiling...Shirlee

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of your backyard, and yes, I can see you smiling.
Catherine