Monday, November 20, 2023

AUTUMN ALL ROLLED TOGETHER



The Autumn months are soon over and yet I struggled to post earlier as my days took on so much emotion, 
pain and setbacks. September 7th was my scheduled day for a hip replacement and before I could fully feel awake I came home to climb 14 stairs to my bedroom; good exercise that I continued each day. Wally was my incredible help and coach for which I have tremendous gratitude. He was the best chauffeur to clinics at the hospital, physiotherapy and wound care clinic. 

Many days filled with moments of joy from visits from friends and family. 
Some incredible moments in prayer as I poured out my soul before God and felt His presence and peace.
 
The garden continued to produce beautiful zinnias, cosmos, roses, 
and all my potted shade plants through September.
And then came October. 

"'In October, what a feast to the eye our woods and groves  present! The whole body of the air seems enriched by their calm. slow radiance. They are giving back the light they have been absorbing from the sun all summer."  John Burroughs


 





Feeling housebound and moody I decided we needed to take a couple of road trips. one quite close to home to a farm market that spills over with summer and fall produce, of which October explodes with bold, rich colours.

On a whim I decided we needed to drive to a higher elevation to soak in autumns glorious golds. A winding gravel road through stands of birch and alder took us to Hydraulic Lake where we planted our chairs near the shoreline to feel the sun's cosy warmth and take deep draughts of clean, fresh air. 
This was so therapeutic for me as I struggled with my healing progress.






On to Idabel Lake where the late afternoon sun lit up the shoreline reed grasses 
and a private gazebo and dock. Would be a lovely vacation spot . 


            
Memories of a special, much needed outing as we circled back to the city.



Several weeks later in October the Maple trees in our back yard dressed up in their best before the leaves took flight to the garden below, or wherever the wind gusts took them.



Three P's for October. 
Pears, Pizza and Painting.
My joy renewed in seeing the ordinary become extraordinary 
in a back yard photo shoot.
My love for cooking reinstated as my strength increased.
My creative juices flowing again with watercolours.










November being captured in moments of nature's dazzling adieu to Autumn.








Through these months I have been encouraged by several very special people and prayed for by many friends and family. I am thankful for you all.  Music became a balm for my soul with this favourite running a reel through my mind many days. It is my testimony to God's faithfulness in my life.

GOODNESS OF GOD  by Bethel Music

I love you Lord for your mercy never fails me
All my life, Ive been held in your hands
From the moments that I wake up until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

I love Your voice 
You have lead me through the fire 
In the darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father, I've known you as a friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God

Refrain: 
And all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I have taken
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God.
Cause Your goodness is running after, It's running after me... with my life laid down I'm surrendering now - I give You everything 
Cause Your goodness is running after me.




From Psalm 23  "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."





No comments: