Friday, March 20, 2009

FIRST DAY OF SPRING

On this first day of spring I awoke to the trills of the robin and the red winged blackbird, the chatter of the blue  jays, and the singsong cluck of the quail clan. I wish I could report that my visual senses were overcome with the beauty of crocuses, tulips and daffodils, and fresh green grass, but all I came across were 3 little sprouts of the 70 bulbs I planted last fall. Patches of grungy snow were the only bright spots in my sepia world. 

A short trip to the grocery market and I had surrounded myself with these lovely hues lacking in my garden. Ah, a touch of spring indoors to make my heart glad.




"It was one of those March days
 when the sun shines hot
 and the wind blows cold:
when it is summer in the light,
 and winter in the shade."
Charles Dickens

1 comment:

We are Levi and Shelley said...

I've come across that quote recently, too! So true, so true. The sun is shining now ... maybe your cheery indoors will spur on spring outdoors!