Sunday, March 15, 2009

REST

...  REST  ...
 to relax,
 refresh oneself,
 recover strength,
 be at leisure,
 take a nap.

I cherish Sundays as a day of rest. After a morning of worship and learning, there is nothing nicer than to spend the remainder of the day resting. Not to feel guilty of tasks undone or stressing about the busy schedules of weekdays - not that I have any now that I am retired!
Rest for me is a catnap, getting lost in a good book, listening to soothing music, or a leisurely stroll. When the cares of this world distract from a good rest, I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father who invites me to enter into a place of rest with him.

" He who dwells in the shelter of the most high will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."
Psalm 91:1

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

My favourite resting place


A vacation in a tropical paradise is always restful

" Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under tress on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." 
 J Lubbock

No comments: