Sunday, September 20, 2009

AT MY FINGERTIPS

With our hot, sunny summer almost behind us I had to reflect on some of the benefits of living in the Okanagan Valley known for it's fabulous fruit production. It's easy to go to a local market, but even more rewarding to hand pick all these delectable fruits throughout the summer months. And the fruit keeps on coming as the fall crops of apples, pears and grapes are in the process of being harvested.

"Country Sweet Strawberries"
were just down the road in the friendliest U-pick patch.

The juiciest apricots ever, picked right in our son's backyard.

Cherries were the best ever, producing till late August.

These nectarines were not graded or sorted, nor stuck with a label. They were handpicked in a local orchard, coming in all sizes along with blemishes, but oh how sweet!

It may not look so pretty,
but this rustic nectarine kuchen was delicious.

All this succulent fruit had matured under the diligent hands of a gardener or orchardist who watered, weeded, pruned and fertilized with anticipation of a bountiful harvest. God's word tells me what happens when I live His way. He brings gifts into my life somewhat like the way fruit appears in an orchard. My life is not perfect but I desire to produce the kind of fruit that brings glory to God and blesses the people in my sphere of influence. God's best for me is 'at my fingertips,' ready to be nurtured and then shared.

" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22 -23




No comments: