Friday, June 4, 2010

MELANCHOLY MORNING




MELANCHOLY MORNING



Dismal rainy day -


A sequestered nook


So glad I brought along my book.



Dull rainy day -


Chai Latte, creamy sweet


Soothes and warms from head to feet.



Drizzly, dreary day -


Coffee friends are all away.


Thoughts of them and time to pray.



Optimistic rainy day -


Mellow tunes surround this cozy space


A smile appears upon my face.



Refreshing rainy day -


Glass art enriches heart and mind


Morning’s solitude perfectly designed.



Trudy - 2010









3 comments:

Shelley said...

Is this the coffee shop you usually meet at with friends? It looks soooo inviting! What a great place to sit and relax with a book and warm drink ... I guess it was inspiring, too! Love this poem so much! Love you!!

edie said...

Trudy I love the stained glass in the quaint coffee bar. It reminds me of beach glass. I would love to hang out there with or without friends.

cheers Edie

Bonnie Heather said...

The Coffee House is a great place to relax. They still need a few folks to volunteer host at the Art Galley once a month for three and a half hours. Please spread to word.