Friday, August 27, 2010

SUMMER WINDOW-SCAPES

Besides photographing flowers, another passion of mine is framing windows in my viewfinder. Windows are so intriguing with stories left to my imagination. I'm forever saying, "Please turn around honey, I spotted a window-scape." Here are this summer's peaceful finds.


WINDOWS


Looking in and looking out


that’s what windows are about.


Press your nose against a pane


squint in sunshine, stare through rain.


Be inquisitive, peer inside


in hopes that none within abide.


Some are etched with stories old


others smudged with tales untold.


View the world as set in frames


ignore peripheral domains.


Open out your mind-eyes view


create a window scape of something new.



Trudy - 2010



A peek into the Sunken Garden,
Butchart Gardens, Victoria

Very special childhood/youth memories
behind these church windows.
Black Creek BC

Century old windows being restored.
Baptist church, Harrison Idaho

Harrison, Idaho

A hole in a hedge creates a window.
Brentwood Bay, Victoria

The Butchart residence
Victoria

A stained glass prayer in the
bathroom window at my sister's house.
"As for me and my house,
we will serve the Lord."

Church in Ucluelet

Church in Ucluelet

Butchart Gardens
Victoria

Chemanius BC

Chemanius BC

Sunset through the hole in the hedge.
Butchart Gardens
Victoria



No comments: