Thursday, November 25, 2010

LET IT SNOW

Today was the day ... with snow falling and nowhere to go, I delighted in the beginning of my Christmas preparations.

Today's window-scape.

The Christmas CD's came out of storage and tradition has it the first one always played are songs from an old Roger Whitaker record. With just the right song queued I called our daughter in the prairies for another tradition - Whitaker's 'Home for Christmas' which had her in happy tears - sorry! Only 28 sleeps till our little prairie family arrives for the holidays.

One more tradition on the day that the Christmas tunes begin in our home ... I bake some cookies. Today they were Cranberry/Almond/Candied Ginger Biscotti that were yummy with our after supper tea.

"Christmas is a time to open our hearts to God and his gifts.
Just like the rest of the year."
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

edie sawatzky said...

Love how you captured the snow and yellow leaves through your front door. I have the same biscotti recipe on my counter ready for baking. Bala a town in Ontario grows cranberries and now dries sweetened and unsweetened and they are so soft and fresh.