Wednesday, January 5, 2011

JANUARY COMFORTS



A wonderful Christmas season is behind me leaving delightful memories, lots of tidying and thankfully the last of feasting on leftovers. January is a good time to be a little lazy and spend my time puttering, reading, working on a puzzle, reading late into the night, sleeping in on occasion, planning vacations, watching the snow fall and just being cozy in my home cocoon.


The aroma of fresh cinnamon rolls is so comforting. It's a good thing they were on their way to a church brunch. ( Like we needed more food! )


"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


There will be lots of moments to put this puzzle together, a piece at a time, much like the year ahead. It is comforting to place my trust in God who knows the beginning to the end.

" Happy are all who perfectly follow the laws of God.
Happy are all who search for God and do His will.
Bless me with life so that I can continue to obey you.
Open my eyes to see wonderful things in your Word.
Let your loving kindness comfort me,
surround me with your tender mercies.
You are my refuge and shield -
Your promises are my source of hope."
From Psalm 119




No comments: