Friday, November 4, 2011

KNITTING PROJECT

While visiting my little prairie family a few weeks ago a basket of yarn caught my attention. With the busyness of the past months which were filled with illness, a major move, and an extensive vacation, I had neglected preparations for the arrival of a new grandbaby. With renewed courage after a lengthy lull in knitting I took up an evening project, a carseat blankie that would be trimmed with the appropriate pink or blue as we anticipated the new arrival. Well, my knitting project proceeded slowly with a few restarts and some flaws so when the due date arrived I only had half a blanket. It will get finished by Christmas!  I was reminded again of Psalm 139 where we read about God, who was the master knitter of this perfectly completed project of His creation - a beautiful baby girl, the ninth addition to our wonderful grandchildren. 

   "For you created my inmost being;  you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,  I know that full well."  from Psalm 139

No comments: