Saturday, January 7, 2012

SOFT

My new bath robe is soft and cozy.
The freshly baked dinner buns that a friend brought me were sooo soft and delicious.
My bed feels soft after spending 2 weeks on a firm hospital bed.
The touch of a friends hand clasped in mine is soft and reassuring.

BUT.......
There is nothing softer than the velvety, silken skin of a new baby.
Miss E is only 2 1/2 months old so she is still new.
Look at her bundled in her new cuddle blanket 
which I promised to have finished for Christmas, 
and it was.

PURE SWEETNESS AND SOFTNESS















Best of all is that her buttery soft skin embodies life and responses to her new world. She was definitely a ray of sunshine in my days of recovery from surgery. To see her eyes twinkle as little smiles crept out from the corners of her lips was so precious. 

2 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Hi Trudy. We miss you. Hugh and I will be praying that health improves quickly. Please except a virtual hug from me.

Hugs.

Shelley said...

I think we need to schedule another holiday!