Sunday, January 27, 2013

MY DAY


The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. 
~Madeleine L'Engle




1948 was a very good year
The birth of a girl, and today I am here
a senior they say, but what's there to fear?
I still wear the same skin -
though it's stretched quite a size,
And I still view the world through chocolate brown eyes.
How did all these years fly by so fast?
I treasure the memories of all the years past.
Did my parents have dreams for this shy little one?
Do they now see the woman of God I've become?
My life is filled with wonderful things,
A family to cherish - the joy that they bring,
A journey of faith that makes my heart sing.
This birthday just marks a mile on life's way
I'm  privileged to celebrate TODAY



3 comments:

Shell said...

Happy Birthday dear Marmee! I'm so blessed that I've been part of just about half your life. I am better for how you've influenced me. Love this little poem! Love you!

Frieda Wedel said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Trudy!

Edie said...

Love poem, Lovely picture, Lovely Birthday. Love