Friday, February 1, 2013

THE LAST MONTH OF WINTER

February welcomed brilliant sunshine this morning. At the dawn of this, the last of the three winter months I was excited for little signs pointing toward spring. A family of quail clucked in the backyard and I wondered where they have been hiding these past winter months. We climbed higher off our usual trail secretly hoping that the sun's rays would feel warmer than down along the creek bank and so it was, as mittens and toques were stuffed into our pockets. Mr. Patience chuckled at my efforts to discover something new as I kept pausing on our walk to photograph the sun, the shadows, a little change in the ice. And then, as I looked up I spied the nest in a tree, icicles dripping from this vacant home. It never ceases to amaze me how such simple things, yet complex in their composition can make my heart glad.  








No comments: