Thursday, February 14, 2013

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Love is ...  in the late 6o's when we were first dating I would clip these cute little cartoons from the newspaper. Tonight I knew just where they were in an old scrapbook, looking a little vintage after 45 years.


I wanted to make a treat for Valentines day and immediately went to my most vintage, well worn recipe book,  to my favourite chocolate chip cookies. This recipe has been quadrupled many times but this time it was one batch, 24 large cookies. I don't follow the recipe very carefully anymore, substituting Splenda for sugar and adding only a pinch of salt, but they are delicious anyway and I know they will disappear quickly. I shared some with a bachelor neighbour this morning to make his Valentines Day a little cheerier and now this evening my lifetime love and I will enjoy a few with a cup of tea.






No comments: