Saturday, June 21, 2014

SUMMER SOLSTICE

From the break of dawn to the setting sun I took in the longest and sunniest day of the year.
I awoke at 3 AM, listening to the sprinklers on the lawn and the sweet solo of a trilling bird and watched daylight fill the sky through the maple tree just outside the bedroom window. Sleep didn't come again so I padded downstairs, opened the blinds and settled into my favourite plum chair to enjoy the LIGHT.
As the sun rose high in the sky my body absorbed the warmth of the sun as I watched two grandsons playing soccer at two different games.
Lunch and supper were enjoyed on the patio in cool shade, and as the sun was setting we took an evening stroll in our urban neighbourhood. It was a glorious day.
How did you enjoy the first day of summer? 








No comments: