Sunday, November 30, 2014

CHRISTMAS ADVENT WEEK ONE

'Tis the season to prepare for the Christmas season, and in and amongst the decorating, the baking and the shopping for gifts lies the beautiful opportunity to celebrate Advent which has marked the momentous coming of God into the midst of mankind as a helpless human baby. And not only is it a time to get all cozy in the Nativity story, but also to recognize how God comes to us today in our day to day comings and goings. And if that isn't enough reason to fill us with joy there is the expectancy of another Advent still to come - the promised return of God's kingdom on earth.


Over many years I have collected a variety of Advent books which get dusted off every December and reread. Last year I ordered a book, "Watch For The Light" from Amazon which arrived late in December and it has been calling to me for a whole year and now finally I will excitedly crack open the pages to anticipate the reflections of some amazing authors like C.S Lewis, Phillip Yancey, Madeleine L'Engle, Henri Nouwen, Dietrich Bonhoeffer and many more.
Having this title staring at me this last year has been such an encouragement to watch for the light because my theme word for 2014 was LIGHT. The year is not over and in this Christmas season I anticipate physical and spiritual light to flood my soul in new ways. 


No comments: