Sunday, January 9, 2022

MY WORD FOR 2022

 INSPIRATION

According to an online definition, inspiration is "the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative."

Inspiration is what I long for in this new year. I hope it will awaken me to new possibilities and allow me to transcend ordinary experiences. Above all mental and physical possibilities, I want to go deeper in my spiritual relationship and understanding of God, allowing His words in the Holy scriptures to illuminate this journey of inspiration.

My family, friends, church community, motivational speakers, and the world of books will hopefully be vehicles of inspiration that will shape my capabilities and maybe new possibilities. Humbly I long to be an influence to spark others in their hopes and dreams for 2022

As I have pondered this word for the year I was inspired to pull out my camera, which has been a little idle, to capture the ordinary and allow it to inspire me to see the extraordinary. I also want courage to let words fall from my pen onto paper, or pencil sketchings evolve spontaneously without intention.




FEELING WINTER

Winter brings a softness
with the drifting flakes of snow.
It also brings a sharpness
in the shards of icicles that snap below.
Winter brings a crispness to rosy cheeks aglow,
 and the warmness of a crackling fireplace
Indoors, to the comfort that I know.

Trudy Peters










No comments: