Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BIRTH DAY


To Sleep

"A flock of sheep that leisurely pass by
one after one;
the sound of rain, and bees murmuring;
the fall of rivers,wind and seas,
Smooth fields, white sheets of water, and pure sky -
I've thought of all by turns,
and still I lie
Sleepless... " 
William Woodsworth

Far to often I find myself in this place, tossing and turning and fighting with my pillow.
In the wee hours of the morning I will steep a soothing cup of tea and curl up in my plump armchair near the fireplace and read until my eyelids become heavy. Very early Tuesday morning while most of the countryside was still in darkness my hands reached for my knitting needles. You see, I was behind in completing a gift for the expected grandbaby, who was also delayed now by six days. It was a sweet time in the quietness of pending dawn that I interceded to the Father for this little one he was knitting together. At 6 AM my knitting bag birthed a chocolate brown pram blanket - READY and on time.
Fast forward through a day of labour to 9:51 PM when God's amazing creation of a 9 lb 4 oz  baby boy was birthed and received with relief and joy by grateful parents. God is Good - His timing is always right.


Happy Birthday little one.
January 20, 2009

Happy and proud parents of a second son.

"I thank you, High God - you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, [baby boy is] marvelously made!
I worship in adoration - what a creation!
You know [ baby boy] inside and out,
you know every bone in [his] body;
You know exactly how [he] was made, bit by bit.
how [he] was sculpted from nothing into something,
Like an open book, you watched [him] grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of [his] life were spread out before you,
the days of [his] life all prepared before [he] even lived one day."
From the Message - excerpt from Palm 139

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It certainly is a beautiful baby boy! Esther