Wednesday, February 3, 2010

UP CLOSE

It may have been a combination of winter doldrums and the purchase of a new camera that had my eyes focused on the details of antique glass pieces in my home. With a steady hand I was able to capture all these beautiful, transparent images through a macro application, a mere 1 cm from the camera lens. With daylight highlighting the delicate colours, intricate cuts and molds, I marveled at the handiwork of artists from decades long ago. In the absence of posies from my garden, I delighted in the discovery of flowers embellishing some of my ordinary serving dishes and decorator pieces. So, I will just let these images speak in silence, my mind tracing the smooth, cool edges and ridges, bubbles and swirls, taking pleasure in just being 'up close.'












" When words become unclear,
I shall focus with photographs.
When images become inadequate,
I shall be content with silence."
Ansel Adams


1 comment:

Bonnie Heather said...

I love your photos Trudy! I wish I had time to paint them, they really call to me.