Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR

This past year I chose the word LIGHT to be a focus, and it has been an amazing journey of discovery and assimilation of all that I experienced in the natural world about me, and the spiritual light and truth that God has revealed to my soul. My eyes and heart will remain open to continue receiving the blessings of LIGHT and capturing it in my photography and humble attempts at written words, which are mostly in my private journal.




As the year was winding down, the days becoming shorter and the dullness of winter beginning to seep in, I felt the need to bring an image of life and colour into my home, and in my search a canvas painting titled 'Lively Trees' caught my attention and found its way into our living room.
In that moment, that image caught my imagination for the word ABUNDANCE, which was born out of the verse from Isaiah 55:12, 


" You shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace.
 The mountains and hills will burst into song before you, 
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."


Each time my eyes are drawn to this painting it gives me a little jolt of joy, and the word ABUNDANCE was chosen to be my focus in 2015. I want to experience the rich, lavish, generous, and bounteous gifts of joy, beauty, grace, mercy, mystery and creativity that God has available for me as I open myself to discovery.

I love trees; in the forests, in gardens, along the creek side trails and on my wall! I also love a lot of other wonders in nature and I pray that my journey in 2015 will be ABUNDANT in extraordinary experiences.

Alone with myself
The trees bend to caress me
The shade hugs my heart.

~Candy Polgar


                                                        

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The absence of light hides the all colour from our eyes

bonnie's test blog said...

What a joyful painting Trudy...goes with you cushions too. I look forward to your year of abundance. Maybe I will ask permission to paint some of your awesome photos. Happy New Year to you both.